Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'll keep this post short as I'm writing with one hand and holding a baby in the other. I'm sure we all know Alton Ellis' classic 'Big Bad Boy' - it's certainly been a favourite of mine for many years. My only copy was the release on Giant, with 'Ace 90 Skank' on the flip, so hearing the original b-side was a bit of a revelation.

It just adds wild trombone to the a-side vocal and the result is very interesting. Is there too much going on? Maybe, but it's things like this that make us love Keith Hudson

3 comments:

the_voice_of_reason said...

Am I not right in saying that the trombone part here was issued as an instrumental version in its own right, as "Evil Spirit" by Don Drummond Junior (Vin Gordon to his mum)?

rastaman said...

WOAAAAAAA.
Love it dread!!!
blessed love
thanks for all vibes
positive vibes Ya!!!
greetings

lala said...

yes-i blessings stevy