Sunday, February 21, 2010

Echo Galore



Here's a majestic Bunny Lee production from 1976, 'The Wormer' by Prince Jazzbo, with 'The Great Pablo' on the b-side. I've never been able to figure out the title - the song's talking about sending out a warning so maybe it was a misprint or a misunderstanding (or maybe I'm missing something). 

Anyway, it's a really heavy and seriously righteous cut to 'Queen Of The Minstrels'. Jazzbo did another version of this rhythm that I've only ever seen on the LP 'Strickly Rockers Ina Dreadland' which is also wicked. On the b-side everything apart from the backbone of drum and bass has had the echo slapped on with a trowel. It's really quite psychadelic.
Hope you enjoy.

5 comments:

sirapo said...

Roots Jah Man!
One of my favorite Jazzbo tracks I have not heard in a long time.
Thank you for sharing.

Jah said...

As long as you're mentioning the other 'Minstrals' track (Prophecy a Fulfill), do you have it? Mine skips.... ARRRRGGGHHH!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the_voice_of_reason said...

I seem to recall picking the DJ cut up a while back when it was rather more credibly titled "It Dread Inna Earth", and I'm pretty sure "the Great Pablo" has seen the light of day on a Striker Lee vinyl compilation of dubious provenance in the late Eighties. More info may follow.

Jah said...

Did someone make a snide comment reply to mine that got deleted?

BTW I forgot to also thank you for "The Wormer"; that's another one I used to have from my trip to the UK in '81 and missed dearly (until now, that is!!)