Saturday, January 30, 2010

RIP Jean Adebambo

Jean Adebambo had one of the sweetest voices in reggae; it sometimes reminds me of the late Minnie Ripperton. Her song 'Paradise' is simply beautiful, and I've loved it since the very first time I heard it almost 25 years ago.
I just found out that she passed away last week and I'm feeing sad.
Even though I only knew this lady through a handful of her records, some of her songs really touched me and they've been a part of my life for years.
I know that a lot of people don't really go for lovers rock, but bear with me because this tune http://www.mediafire.com/?mymbquztrt2 has great lyrics and production, and Jean Adebambo's voice lifts it far above the ordinary.
If you like this, look out for 'Reaching For A Goal', which is fantastic, and her duet with Dennis Brown. Also look out for other tunes on Santic (yes, it's the same Leonard Chin!), especially 'Suffering' / 'One Fine Day'.

No comments: