Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Great LP


Sorry I've not posted anything for a while. I've got caught up in tagging all my LP rips - it's been about a week now and I've just passed the halfway mark. Anyway, since there's not a lot going on with the singles at the moment, I thought I'd put up one of the newly-tagged LPs.

It's my favourite Channel One LP, 'Revolutionary Sounds vol.2': all killer, no filler as they say. Unlike a lot of the Revolutionaries' LP's, this features dubs rather than instrumentals, and the rhythms are all top-draw (there are a few there that I don't recognise, I'd love to know what they are).


By the way, thanks to the few who've been leaving comments, and an extra big shout to the Voice Of Reason.

3 comments:

the_voice_of_reason said...

Thanks for that; Most of the riddims here are pretty familiar - Tension is Bob Andy's "Going Home", Pressure is Roy Richards' "Freedom Blues", Strain is "Full Up", Rigid is "love Won't Come Easy"/"Frozen Soul", Intense is "Darker Shade of Black", Retribution is Don Drummond's "Addis-a-Baba" and Urgency is the Meditations "Woman Is Like a Shadow". Not a clue what the original cut to "Severe" is. Somewhere I have a vocal cut to "Drastic", but I'm struggling to remember who sang it. "Energy" sounds like Earth & Stone, but I'm not sure to be honest

Jahel said...

link a bloodclat dead....

lala said...

seems ok to me concrete>>>???