Monday, June 01, 2009

Rare As Hens' Teeth!

Hi,

Here's a record I got years ago from a mailing list run by a guy called Andrew Neale. Back in the days before Ebay, if you wanted rare reggae you got yourself onto a mailing list and every month or so an envelope containing a photocopied list of records for sale would land on your doormat. It was always first come first serve, so you had to get on the phone pretty much as soon as you'd finished reading through it, or you'd be left with just the stuff that no one else wanted.

Anyway, it took me ages to get the name and artist for this one, but I've recently (as in just this minute) found out that it's 'Soul Rebel Version 3' by Glen Adams & the Upsetters.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jfuyxhirmhy/Soul Rebel Version 3.zip

It's a really quirky instrumental cut, with horns and plinky piano - the sort of record that could only be made in Jamaica. I really like it, it's cheerful and laid-back and the rhythm as we all know is fantastic.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


     

2 comments:

the_voice_of_reason said...

I think that "Capo" was Glen Adams own label, so presumably he produced this on the original cut. Not heard this one before - thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello could you please email me a recording of both sides of this record? Also what are the matrices in the hard wax of both sides?

thanks
benjamin
bgriffiths87@gmail.com